Every five years we update our water resources management plan (WRMP), which looks at how we’ll keep your taps running while striking that delicate balance between protecting the environment and keeping bills affordable.
We’re in the early stages of preparing our next plan which will be published in 2024.
As part of that we’re working closely with Water Resources South East (WRSE) which is looking at how water will be supplied across the whole of the South East region in the future, not just within our supply area.
WRSE is an alliance between six water companies in the south east - ourselves, Southern Water, Thames Water, Affinity Water, SES Water and Portsmouth Water.
WRSE is currently creating its own draft regional water resources management plan which will be consulted on in January 2022, we will then use the results of that report to form the basis of our 2024 plan.
Help shape the plan
We’re heavily supporting the creation of WRSE’s regional plan using our expertise alongside customer research and stakeholder engagement programmes.
Although the production of our final water resources management plan is several years away, it is important we receive your input into the regional plan now.
Water Resources in the South East is releasing a series of consultations which will help shape the regional plan, and in turn, ours and we'd love to hear your views.
- Click here to view the documents and provide feedback
Find out more about and input on the plan at a WRSE webinar:
- Find out more and let us know your views on the criteria we’re developing to enable us to produce a best value plan, which will deliver more for customers, the environment and wider society:
- Webinars due to be held on the 18 and 19 January have been postponed. New dates will be released shortly.
- Watch WRSE's recent series of catchment workshops held early October - view here.
Future consultations and reports include:
- Simulation model - expected between August and December 2020
- Resilience assessment - expected between August and December 2020
Are you a water user with your own abstraction licence? If so, we want to hear from you
Please complete a short online form to let us know if you expect to have any additional water requirements in the future, or if you have any available water that could be considered as part of our regional plan.
You can let us know by completing this form by Friday 19 February 2021.
Please include as much detail as possible as this will enable us to best assess what benefit there could be.
You can view all the consultations and reports as they are published on WRSE’s dedicated website.
There, you can also take part in polls, surveys and submit general comments. All of which are used to help shape the regional, and ultimately, our future plan.
- Regional plan customer and stakeholder research, consultations and webinars
- August - Submission of draft regional plan
- January - Regional plan informal consultation
- August - Submission of South East Water draft WRMP and beginning of public consultation
- August - Submission of revised regional plan
- November - South East Water public consultation closes
- February - Submission of South East Water revised WRMP
- September - Final South East Water WRMP submitted
- September - Final WRSE regional plan submitted