Every five years we update our water resources management plan (WRMP), which looks at how we’ll keep your taps running while striking that delicate balance between protecting the environment and keeping bills affordable.
We’re in the early stages of preparing our next plan which will be published in 2024.
As part of that we’re working closely with Water Resources South East (WRSE) which is looking at how water will be supplied across the whole of the South East region in the future, not just within our supply area.
WRSE is an alliance between six water companies in the south east - ourselves, Southern Water, Thames Water, Affinity Water, SES Water and Portsmouth Water.
WRSE is currently creating its own draft regional water resources management plan which will be consulted on in January 2022, we will then use the results of that report to form the basis of our 2024 plan.
Help shape the plan
We’re heavily supporting the creation of Water Resources South East's (WRSE) regional plan using our expertise alongside customer research and stakeholder engagement programmes.
Although the production of our final water resources management plan is several years away, it is important we receive your input into the regional plan now.
Water Resources in the South East is hosting a series of consultations which will help shape the regional plan, and in turn, ours and we'd love to hear your views.
Regional Plan options webinars
The sessions below, hosted by WRSE, will allow you to find out more about the variety of solutions being looked at as part of the regional plan, from actions to reduce demand for water, to potentially constructing new reservoirs and water recycling plants.
- The Planning Challenge - Developing a plan to 2100
- 10am to 11.30am, 26 May - click here to sign up
- Catchment Management options
- 10am to 12pm, 27 May - click here to sign up
- Water recycling and desalination options
- 10am to 11.30am, 8 June - click here to sign up
- Reservoirs and aquifer storage recovery (ASR) options
- 10am to 11.30, 9 June - click here to sign up
- Demand management options
- 10am to 11.30am, 11 June - click here to sign up
- In-region water transfers options
- 11am to 1pm, 15 June - click here to sign up
- Inter-region water transfers options
- 10am to 11.30am, 16 June - click here to sign up
- Developing a plan that can adapt
- 10am to 12pm, 17 June - click here to sign up
Further information can be found on WRSE's dedicated webpage, here.
You can view all the consultations and reports as they are published on WRSE’s dedicated website.
There, you can also take part in polls, surveys and submit general comments. All of which are used to help shape the regional, and ultimately, our future plan.
- Regional plan customer and stakeholder research, consultations and webinars
- August - Submission of draft regional plan
- January - Regional plan informal consultation
- August - Submission of South East Water draft WRMP and beginning of public consultation
- August - Submission of revised regional plan
- November - South East Water public consultation closes
- February - Submission of South East Water revised WRMP
- September - Final South East Water WRMP submitted
- September - Final WRSE regional plan submitted